Introduction to management & supervisory skills
One Day Workshop
This one day workshop is a practical course designed to provide delegates with proven techniques for effective management/supervision; it aims to give participants both the skills and confidence to develop & manage their teams effectively. The course focuses on the key management skills of team development, delegation and feedbackas well as effective communication skills and how to motivate your team to achieve results. Every delegate will leave with a specific action plan in relation to their own team.
This course provides a practical and relevant approach management & supervisory skills and designed to be comprehensive, highly interactive and fun.
The Course Suits
Any person involved in new to management, supervision or team leadership and/or anyone wishing to improve their management skills & techniques.
The course will provide delegates with the skills to enable them to:-
- Identify the key aspects of their role as a supervisor / team leader,
- Describe a model of team leadership and how they can put this into practice,
- Demonstrate the key skills needed for successful team leadership & development; i.e. effective communication, delegation and coaching skills,
- Explain how the motivation of others in the workplace can help to get the best out of their team,
- Set appropriate and realistic standards/objectives,
- Provide effective feedback to improve and correct performance,
- Delegate activities to team members effectively,
- Adopt strategies for working together effectively and coaching the team to success.
Welcome, Introductions, Delegate & Course Objectives and Agenda
Understanding the Role & Responsibilities of the Manager/Supervisor/Team Leader
Getting the Best out of People
The Key Roles of Supervisor/Team Leader
What’s involved & what does good look like?
A Model of Management/Supervision
Developing Your Team
Coaching Your Team
Delegation, Setting Objectives and Motivation
Delivering Effective Feedback & Difficult Messages
Putting it into practise
Delegates work in syndicates to practice handling ‘real work’ scenarios with feedback
Workshop Summary, Review of Key Learning, Personal Action Plans and Close